- If there was ever a time to exercise, it is during pregnancy and if there was ever a time to make sure you are ‘in the know’ as a trainer, it is when you are working with women who are, may become or have been pregnant.
- As a health and fitness professional you want to be the in-demand expert women trust to help them work their body in ways that can help them stay strong in pregnancy, prepare them for birth, and heal common postpartum core challenges like incontinence, prolapse and diastasis recti.
- The majority of women have been or will become pregnant at some point in their life and many women are waiting until they are in their 40’s to start a family. Some women are in perimenopause while also becoming pregnant.
- You need to know the effects of pregnancy and birth on the body and how to train your client for what is arguably the most challenging event they will ever endure.
- A better understanding of what Diastasis Recti and pelvic floor dysfunction are. These are perhaps the two most important aspects of training women yet they are the most neglected topics in prenatal education and fitness.
- Knowledge about how to assess within your scope and what movement practices help guide women to better core health and fitness in pregnancy and beyond is key! You place a vital role in fostering core and pelvic health for life!
- Our Core Confidence Specialist Certification was our first and we have been changing the way people train women since 2009 but…we were always being asked if the course was a pre/postnatal cert and when we said no, people then asked ‘why don’t you have one’? Well now we do.
- In 2018 we published a book called Pregnancy Fitness through Human Kinetics and we immediately recognized that it was time. Time to create a course that was SO needed. Time to fill the void that existed in prenatal and postpartum fitness certifications.
Two certs in one!
We took our Core Confidence Certification and added a ton of additional information specific to pregnancy, birth and postpartum recovery so fitness professionals would have ALL the key information.
- After completing the Pre/Postnatal Fitness Specialist Certification you will get 2 badges for your site – the Core Confidence Specialist AND the Pre/Postnatal Fitness Specialist.
- It’s like two certs in one!
- You will learn the essentials for training women in pregnancy to ensure they remain strong and pain free for the full nine months and can birth with strength and confidence.
- You will also learn how to prepare pregnant women for recovery and ensure they know the essential moves to promote healing and core restoration.
- Finally, because we have included everything from the Core Confidence Specialist course you will have a full library of exercises that you can use with your female clients for life. Exercises that will promote a functional pelvic floor, a strong and sexy midsection and all without the common challenges women think are normal after having a baby.
- In our opinion, anyone training women should take this course. You should know how pregnancy and birth changes the body and you never know when one of your clients will become pregnant.
- Anatomy AND the function of the true inner core. It’s SO much more than the abs and low back!
- How pregnancy and birth affect the core. When you learn all of the ways in which the body changes you will immediately question how this is the first time you are learning this in your fitness education.
- Essential moves to train your clients for birth. The principle of specificity is KEY to training your clients for the most physically and emotionally challenging event of their lives.
- What Diastasis Recti is, how to assess for it in pregnancy and postpartum, and it is more than just the gap.
- The many functions of The Pelvic Floor. This part of the body is often ignored and most are surprised to learn all that it does!
- How exercise can both help and hinder. Move your clients through their programs with new awareness developed from this course.
- Functional movements for motherhood and how to get your prenatal clients ready for the demands of being a mom